COMPANY HISTORY

COMPANY HISTORY2018-11-16T08:03:19+03:00

1930

Established under the name of “Standard Electrica Romana”, the company develops the first telephone sets and telephone exchanges in Romania.

1948

Company completes its business activity by manufacturing electric meters and electromagnetic measuring instruments.

1959

Business activity field extends by automation equipment for railway infrastructure, rectifiers, relays.

1962

In accordance with its main activity the company is named ELECTROMAGNETICA.

1968

Crossbar – Pentaconta automatic telephone exchanges begin to be manufactured.

1990

ELECTROMAGNETICA becomes a joint-stock company.

1996

Manufacturing of automotive electrical subassemblies; Quality Management System is implemented, ELECTROMAGNETICA being the fifth Romanian company certified by AEROQ.

1997

The company shares are priced on Romanian stock exchange RASDAQ; telecommunication shelters manufacturing.

1998

Equipment meant for electric power supply and distribution, including the new family of electronic meters begin to be developed. ELECTROMAGNETICA is certified by RENEL as supplier of products and services for its subsidiaries.

1999

ELECTROMAGNETICA becomes a private company.

2000

ELECTROMAGNETICA becomes supplier of products and services certified by HIDROELECTRICA, TERMOELECTRICA, TRANSELECTRICA.

2001

ELECTROMAGNETICA gets the licence for electricity supply from ANRE in the framework of the open electricity market. The renew of ELECTRICA’s supplier licence.

2002

ELECTROMAGNETICA starts the activity of electricity supply for consumers declared eligible by ANRE.

2003

ELECTROMAGNETICA develops investments for technologies of mould – tool manufacturing and plastic injection equipment.

2004

The company implements the Environmental Management System.

2005

The implementation of ”ENERGSys”, the Centralized System for Remote Reading and Management of Residential Electric Meter Data.

2006

ELECTROMAGNETICA acquires 10 small hydroelectric power plants and gets the related licence as energy producer from renewable sources.

2008

The start of the investment program for the small hydroelectric power plants, in terms of modernization, rehabilitation and augmentation of the production capacity.

2010

ELECTROMAGNETICA designs and delivers its first LED lighting devices, a new technology that leads to power savings.
Completion of SHPP Brodina de Jos construction – new objective.

2011

Completion of SHPP Brodina 2 construction – new objective.
Listing of company shares to first tier of BSE.

2013

Electromagnetica creates a new electricity meter with LCD display and continuous expansion of smart metering ENERGSys.
Completion of modernization, expansion and upgrading of the production capacity of small hydroelectric power plants from Suceava river basin.

2015

Electromagnetica purchased two new machines, a CNC and EDM machines for molds factory.

2017

Electromagnetica designs and produces the first stations charging for electric vehicles.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
COMPANY HISTORY
QUALITY
Organizational Chart